All figures in this report are in U.S. dollars and from continuing operations, unless otherwise stated.
- “Attributable” are based on Kinross’ 90% share of Chirano production.
- “Adjusted net earnings from continuing operations attributable to common shareholders”, “Adjusted net earnings from continuing operations per share”, “Adjusted operating cash flow from continuing operations”, “Attributable production cost of sales from continuing operations per equivalent ounce sold” and “Attributable all-in sustaining cost from continuing operations per ounce sold on a by-product basis” figures used throughout this report are non-GAAP financial measures. For the definition and reconciliation of these non-GAAP measures, refer to Section 11, Supplemental Information of Management’s Discussion and Analysis in this report. Adjusted operating cash flow per share, also a non-GAAP measure, is defined as “adjusted operating cash flow” divided by the “weighted average number of common shares outstanding (basic)”. The weighted average number of common shares outstanding (basic) during the year ended December 31, 2013 was 1,142.1 million (2012: 1,139.1 million; 2011: 1,136.0 million).
- On June 10, 2013, the Company announced its decision to cease development of Fruta del Norte (FDN). On June 28, 2012, the Company disposed of its interest in Crixás. As a result, the comparative figures have been recast to exclude the results of FDN and Crixás.
- Kinross’ outlook for 2014 represents forward-looking information and users are cautioned that actual results may vary. Please refer to the news release dated February 12, 2014, available on our website at www.kinross.com for more information.
- Reported net loss includes an after-tax non-cash impairment charge of $2,834.1 million relating to goodwill and property, plant and equipment in 2013 (2012: $3,206.1 million; 2011: $2,937.6 million).
- Overhead costs include general and administrative and business development costs.
- These updated estimates are different from those reported in the 2013 fourth-quarter and year-end results news release dated February 12, 2014. For further information on the recently completed Tasiast feasibility study, please see the Company’s National Instrument 43-101 Technical Report for Tasiast dated March 31, 2014, available at www.kinross.com and under the Company’s profile on SEDAR (www.sedar.com).
- All-in cost includes operating costs, royalties, sustaining capital, and capitalized stripping and does not include an estimated initial capital expenditure of $1.6 billion, any exploration, income taxes, non-cash items related to reclamation or allocation of regional or corporate overhead costs. This differs from the World Gold Council definition of all-in cost.